Wednesday, February 4, 2009

HINDSIGHT HAS 20/20


Looking back might give you a sore neck, but there's something to be said for the clarity in hindsight.


I've had my eyes checked and checked again and while it seems that looking forward is always a little on the fuzzy side, I can always pull focus on the past.


So what is there to be said about this focus? That to dismantle the past in an analytical manner would be to dangerously tread the road already travelled. But to use this clarity as an educational tool to develop one's sense of direction for the future might not be an entire futile exercise...


If you want to know whats in your future, look to your past and find the wrong right turns when you should have taken a left, and instead of regretting these situations, and wishing like Cher, you could turn back time... use your inner nav man to get back on track.


I for one do not regret those things that I have done, but those that I did not do. And by going all Marty McFly, I have gone back to the future to make the world a better place in times to come.

1 comment:

amy said...

Thanks for this. I've had this in my mind over the last week! I too regret what I didn't do, and have shifted from hows? to being happy in the moment, enjoying rather than missing out.