Monday, April 28, 2008

IS BLOGGING THE NEW BLACK?
After launching into this thing with gusto, I have come to a frighteningly grinding halt. But it must be said now that blogging makes me feel fundamentally happy. And satisifed. To a degree where I will actually finish this entry, unlike many others written recently that haven’t made it past the “publish post” button.


However. (And there is always a however). I have suddenly developed some anxieties about this sweet blog o mine. Sure, its been a great life changing experience to publicly post my ramblings. But now I have “friends” blagging on about the blog that I am blogging on. And that makes me positively sick with fear.


Like any first time experience - I find myself wondering if my blog is too vain. Was recent entry too long, too short, too fast, too slow? What can I do to make the reader feel better? Does the reader really care about me? Will the reader still love me in the morning? Will the reader come back for more? And, should I talk dirty? Surely the lighthearted-ness is something that readers can see through and share in my sense of humor no?


But no – communication without context is actually harder than I thought. Its interesting shit to me (that which I muse upon) – but is it to you? I am not seeking any form of approval here. That’s not what this is about. But honestly, living in the techno-savvy world I am in – I can see you readers out there – the ones that spend time here, and keep popping back for more and I get a little kick out of you. But the trouble is – I don’t know who you are. Dont leave me feeling dirty and used. Its like a one night stand and I dont know your name. I cant get no satifaction.


If blogging is the new black. And blagging on blogs about anything blog-worthy is blog-tastic, then I’m going to keep doing what I am doing.


But it would most definitely be cool if you still loved me tomorrow…

3 comments:

trulymadlydeeply said...

i love this post.
voices a lot of thoughts that have been running through my mind on the b-word.
it's a weird activity, it is. plays on the fine line between ego-maniac, self-conscious/self-indulgent victim of tech, poet, artist, etc etc. at the end of the day it is what you make of it, like all things. and hell, might as well make it good. (at least we have good writing and creative minds on our side. but then again would we be doing this if we didn't?)
xo from a fellow muser who knows what it's like to maybe somewhat sometimes feel like a douche in the name of ________ .
lol

amy said...

I'll love you tomorrow! Don't fear ~

editor said...

damn that b-word. Its addictive...